Generic Genome Browser of WUSTL Phages
Welcome to the Generic Genome Browser of WUSTL phages!
Students will have the opportunity to choose which phage
they will annotate. Your TA will discuss with you which
phage are available and how to access the data on your
particular phage. The links below provide access to
the genome browser for many WUSTL phages.
To see a complete list of all WUSTL phages visit the
at the Actinobacteriophage Database.
Computational Analysis of Phage
The predictions and data in the Database were produced by the following programs:
- Glimmer - microbial gene finding system (Info and Website)
- GeneMark - A family of gene prediction programs. (Info and Website)
- tRNAscan-SE - Search for tRNA genes in genomic sequence. (Info and Website)
- Aragorn - a program to detect tRNA genes and tmRNA genes. (Info and Website)
Bio 192 Phages for 2018:
Bio 2961 Phages for 2018:
Bio 192 Phages for 2017:
Bio 2961 Phages for 2017:
You can get the etude DNA sequence here. Depending on your browser settings you may need to right-click or option-click on the link to download the file.
Generic Genome Browser Documentation
- Online tutorial and sample data files for installation of a Generic Genome Browser
- Installation and configuration manual
- (616) 479-9707
- Example scripts to control GBrowse from the command line
To find out more about Gbrowse, try the:
The Generic Genome Browser of WUSTL Phages was created and is maintained by Christopher Shaffer. All questions and comments can be sent by email to: shaffer.at.wustl.edu <with appropriate substitutions>
Original application and documentation from:
Lincoln D. Stein, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: Wed Apr 2 11:51:14 CDT 2014